Dr. Maurice Nahabedian, MD, FACS
- Since 1995, Dr. Nahabedian has focused on all aspects of breast surgery and he has performed over 4,000 primary breast reconstructions using autologous, prosthetic and oncoplastic techniques. He was one of the early adopters of the perforator flaps for breast reconstruction that includes the DIEP and SGAP flaps that he has performed regularly since 1999. He was a pioneer using acellular dermal matrices for prosthetic reconstruction that has been instrumental in improving aesthetic outcomes. He has pioneered several oncoplastic techniques for women that are candidates for breast conservation therapy. Dr. Nahabedian also performs aesthetic breast procedures that include augmentation, reduction mammaplasty, mastopexy, and complex revisions on a regular basis. Dr. Nahabedian believes that there is no substitute for individualized care and treatment. Many of his former and current patients have made themselves available to his new patients as a means of facilitating the process from being a cancer victim to a cancer survivor.
- Dr. Nahabedian completed his general surgery residency at the University of California, Irvine in 1992 and his Plastic Surgery residency at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in 1995. He was a member of the full-time plastic surgery faculty at Johns Hopkins University until 2005 and then a member of the full-time faculty at Georgetown University until 2017 where he was a Professor and the Vice-Chairman of the Department of Plastic Surgery. He has been at the National Center for Plastic Surgery since 2017. Dr. Nahabedian has authored over 225 scientific manuscripts, edited 10 textbooks in Plastic Surgery, chaired over 20 national and international conferences and has been invited as a visiting professor at over 110 prestigious institutions around the world. Dr. Nahabedian is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, American College of Surgeons, and the American Association of Plastic Surgeons.
- Medical School: University of California, Irvine, College of Medicine
- Residency: Johns Hopkins Residency, Chief Resident
- Fellowship: Shock Trauma Hospital, Craniofacial-Maxillofacial Surgery Fellow
- Academic Appointments: Virginia Commonwealth University, Professor of Plastic Surgery ; Georgetown University, Professor, Vice- Chairman, Division and Section Chief of Plastic Surgery